Wednesday 14 October 2009

I think that there is a photo of this quilt somewhere in the past however I thought that I would show it again and tell you the story behind this particular quilt.
Last year, about this time I asked the soon to be Hostel Boy whether he would like a quilt to take with him to the Hostel. 'No, I don't need one' was his gallant reply. Probably due to the fact that I was running around frantically, as usual. Come the DAY before leaving for the Hostel - 'So Mum, where's my quilt?' He didn't have his quilt that day or the next, however he received his Hostel quilt for his 13th birthday a month later. I pieced and quilted the top in one day with what I had on hand and it came up a treat. The quilting pattern is by Hermoine Agee from Lorien Quilitng called 'Ebb and Flow'. Hermoine has two pattern web sites one for paper patterns and the other for digital patterns. Lovely woman, lovely patterns and Australian as well.

No comments: