Saturday 14 June 2008

Sorry for the blurriness in this picture - in my excitement I think I put a finger or three on the lens.

A lovely friend made this top years ago and then attempted to hand quilt it. Well things didn't go exactly to plan and while she didn't finish quilting it was always in the back of her mind to finish it.

The weight of the UFO sometimes weighs heavy. I used part of her lead pencil lines to creates the freehand feathers and then I line danced through the chain and then continued dancing through the final border and quilted a pseudo swag to add some curve to the lines of the chain.
It is for her only daughter and spans a few years. I think there was a 15 and a 20 muttered in the conversation.


The cream is poly cotton and the coloured squares are cotton. This was a time when quilts were cut out using scissors. How I love my rotary cutter.

4 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

WOW - the quilting on this is STUNNING!! I bet it feels great to help this long time UFO become a quilt :)

Jeanne said...

Your quilting is fabulous! The quilt is a knock-out - no longer classified as a UFO. Congrats!

meggie said...

I can only watch, & imagine such quilting as this!

swooze said...

Absolutely gorgeous!