Friday 4 April 2008

Too many years ago to remember I came across a redwork quilt by Australian Bronwyn Hayes and decided that I JUST had to do it. Anyway as with most quilts, I decided that it was too small and resized it all and it was bigger.
It is only partially quilted, someones quilt was urgent and this gem hasn't been back on the machine yet.
2006 ......... hmmmmm not that long ago in the scheme of things, just a heartbeat in the evolution of time.
The photos aren't that flash as the Sweeties and I were working against time and the sun was going behind the trees and also I was standing on the edge of an ants nest. I did what is called 'the meat ant dance' and lost all reason. Again.

4 comments:

Greenmare said...

oh this is gorgeous! thank you for sacrificing your ankles to show us the pictures. Now go put something on those ant bites, and have something soothing to drink.

meggie said...

I have made this, but used colours, & did not enlarge! haha. I love Bronwyn Hayes designs!

Jeanne said...

I love her designs, too. Your quilt is wonderful.

Kyra said...

Gorgeous design! Some of the styling reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake era. Nice memories!

Best, Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com