Sunday 14 October 2007

Field of Quilts VI

Three more to keep your interest up.
This is one of a pair that I made for my sons. Aptly called 'Toy Story I' and 'Toy Story II'. The boys are now so over Toy Story and find anything to do with it embarrassing. The stories that I concocted, to make piece and quilt these two quilts in the lead up to Christmas, were creative. They (the youngest Sweeties) said that they were for them and I replied that a mother had paid me an amazing amount of money to make these two quilts for her extremely precious boys and that I couldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. They seemed happy with my reply and then when I gave them on Christmas day Roland, the oldest tuned to me and with a steady gaze said 'I knew'. They loved them for a while and that was all that mattered.

This one was interesting in that cathedral window effect was created by placing a square of wadding and fabric in the middle of a circle and then sewing the curves of the circle down. The resulting squares were then whipped stitch together on the back. It was very heavy but created a lovely effect.

I just thought that this was a striking Irish Chain away from the normal fabric choices

No comments: